We welcome you all to the 9th Edition of Daily Devotional in which powerful topics are discussed with prevailing prayer points. Our belief is that as you have been blessed in the previous editions, your grass will also be watered through these devotional topics. You can still have access to the previous editions here.
Day 1: Jesus, the Truth
Jesus is the truth and the truth personified. One of the purposes of the gospel according to John was to ensure that his audience establishes this relationship by accepting Jesus as the Messiah and Son of God, thus accepting Him as the only truth that is revealed to man in order to save man from condemnation.
Therefore the manifestation of God’s presence among men witnessed the truth that all men must approach God through Jesus. And you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free(John 8:32). The truth was that grace had been revealed through Jesus. Read John 14：6．
At the emergence of the truth in any life where Jesus is permitted, falsehood, satanic deception, and all forms of craftiness are made to be exposed then Jesus who is the truth personified brings about freedom, access to grace, dominion, authority, and power in the life of such believer.
- Oh Lord, from today, sow the seed of the truth in my life in the name of Jesus. Let your truth reign in my life from today in the name of Jesus.
- Father, let your truth prevail over all judgments in my life in the name of Jesus.
Day 2: How Do We Discover the Truth? Psalm 51:1-3
Discovering the truth is what all Christians should know about. The truth is Jesus Christ. When we know the truth which is Jesus Christ, we know all. We should understand that we are sinners and the truth will help us to repent of our sins.
- When we acknowledge that we are Sinners: The first step on the way to discover Jesus as the truth is taken when His light shines into our lives. This causes us to repent.
- When we acknowledge His strength in our weaknesses: The truth of Christ Jesus shows us that even though we are forgiven, we still have sin in the flesh. When we humble ourselves then the Holy Spirit can fill us, enlighten us, lead us, and give us the strength and power that we lack in ourselves so that we can keep all that God commands us. Psalm 31:10-12.
- When we make the word of God our Companion. Psalm 119:105
- When we give up our Will and do His will: We can get victory over the lust of the flesh which leads to sin.
- When we open our hearts to the prompting of the Holy Spirit. John 14:26
- When we learn the truth in prayer. Daniel 10:1-4
- When we humble ourselves and we are teachable. I Peter 5:6
- From today God, deliver me from the bondage of lies or lying in the name of Jesus.
- Stop the stream of falsehood that is against my progress and success from now on in the name of Jesus.
Day 3: The Result of Loving the Truth
The result of loving the truth helps you to see no more; become obedient; gives you hope; love God and love others; mirror and develop your life and become a transformed person.
- The truth enables us to judge that which he shows us. I Cor.2:12
- It helps us to hate that which is found to be sin. I John 3:9
- It helps us to constantly develop and mirror our lives from God’s swords…
- It is possible for everyone to walk in the truth. John 8: 32
- It makes us become more obedient to the Holy Spirit. John 14:26
- It helps us to be transformed into God’s image.2 Cor.3:18
- It gives us hope. I John 3:3.
- It helps us to love God more and others. Psalm 86:11
- My Lord, give me the power to love the truth from now in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Every spirit of deceit troubling my life is canceled from today in the name of Jesus Christ.
Day 4: The Fullness of His Grace
The today passage is to learn how to fulfill the grace of God through Jesus Christ. Every Christian is justified by the grace of Jesus Christ.
The grace of God is viewed in the New Testament, especially in the account of the early church as a dimension of God‘s power through Jesus Christ, which enables the believers the apostle of Christ to minister in the power of the Holy Spirit and bear witness to the resurrection power.
Paul’s use of grace to refer to the underserved nature of God’s salvation was particularly illustrated by his own experience. It was only because of the grace of God that Christ appeared to him changed him, and appointed him to be an apostle(ITim.1:12-14).
It is important to underscore here that anyone can be a special instrument of grace in the hand of God as long as he or she is ready to forsake all the wicked ways and sinful ways.
Apostle Paul’s life is a clear example of the demonstration of God’s amazing grace if it was possible for God to use a notorious criminal like him then it is possible that God can demonstrate the fullness of His amazing grace and power in the life of anyone who is ready to surrender his or her life to Him.
- From now on Lord Jesus, let your abundance of grace be sufficient for me in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Today, the grace that will proclaim me and my progress, let it be sufficient for me in the name of Jesus Christ.
Day 5: How Do We Respond to His Grace?
Today, we shall study the way we can respond to the grace of God. The grace of God is for all. That is why Jesus Christ died for us so that we can have the grace.
- By receiving, believing, and obeying the gospel through repentance
- By receiving divine forgiveness through confession
- By our readiness to be baptized and start a new life
- By living and walking in thanksgiving of the grace of God
- By readiness to labor in the service of the Lord
- By showing the Love of Christ to the saved and the unsaved
- By our readiness to continue to walk in truth and preach the gospel
- By the reason of your anointing, give me the power to receive the gospel through repentance in the name of Jesus Christ.
- Oh my God, I want to walk in the grace of God from now in the name of Jesus Christ.
Therefore we must run with this grace as Christians and believers by receiving, believing, and obeying the core assignment of preaching the raw message of the kingdom and leaving no stone unturned to see that we become the messengers of the truth and stand for the truth as we keep waiting for the appearance of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. May we remain steadfast, immovable, and loyal to the end in Jesus’ name.