A lot of Christians many years back, thought of using herbal medicine for the treatment of diseases and sicknesses until chronic diseases pervaded every angle of the world. Research has it that almost every scientific drug we take is mixed with herbs. That is we take part of herbs when we take scientific drugs as well. God made everything for us for the use of human beings, herbs, roots, leaves, etc. There is nothing bad for Christians to use them for the treatment of our illnesses. There are Bible verses that support taking care of our bodies and souls to stay healthy. Read the following Bible verses to confirm God’s interest in your health: Proverbs 3: 7-8, Exodus 15: 26, Jeremiah 30: 17, Psalm 147: 3, Jeremiah 33: 6, James 5: 14-15.
Medicine is a substance that you drink, swallow, or eat in order to cure an illness or disease. Medicine can be broadly classified into two sections:
- preventive medicine
- curative medicine
This Is the medicine either orthodox or herbal one takes to prevent sicknesses and diseases. Preventive measures: is the precaution one takes to prevent sicknesses and diseases. Know that negative attitude, such as anger, malice unforgiveness, produce some chemicals in the body to weaken the cell of the body and causes different diseases, which includes: fatigue, peptic ulcer, hypertension, diabetes, sleeplessness (insomnia), palpitation, arthritis, fibroid and cancer. So, suppressing them with chemicalized drugs cannot heal or else the attitude is change.
Eating Right Food
You are what you eat; your health condition depends on what you are eating. We must philosophically know that God has put in us the immune system to defend us against any disease. It is these immune systems that make the body go in good order. This immune system is a complete device made by God and it consists of many micro cells that fight diseases in the body. e.g. White blood cells and bone marrow. So, what you eat is what maintains the efficacy of this body device that ultimately improves the performance of the body optimally. So, the right and good food is the food that puts the body in alkaline. On the other hand, any food that makes the body acidic is the wrong food because the major cause of diseases is the acidity of the body.
What Does It Mean to Eat Right?
- Eat a balanced diet: Eat every class of food in the right proportion. Because the best medicine ever for man is proper nutritional food, eat clean food.
- Drink enough water every day (an average of 8 sachets of pure water) daily.
- Drink clean water.
- Take in enough air daily, etc.
Urative medicine measure is a way of healing one’s sickness either by Western/orthodox medicine or herbal medicine after the person has broken down by sicknesses or diseases.
Why Do I Keep My Body Healthy?
Eat good food based on knowledge: Eating food is not enough but eating good and right food in the right proportion is what makes our body healthy. Regularly drinking live vegetable juices like the ones from Carrot, Moringa, and Cucumber will promote your health, etc.
Embark on Regular Body Exercises: Avail yourself of an early morning sunrise that is good in vitamin D. Reduce to the barest minimum animal products from your diet. Processed foods are not too good for your health, please do away with them. Rest is as important as life itself, try and give your body enough rest daily and Keep off any form of stress, it will not help your health status enough water on a daily basis especially early in the morning
A few Things That Help Our Health
Moringa Oleifera: Moringa like many other traces can be used as a food supplement and has much to offer for the good health of human beings, people of different ages and at different times or occasions use Moringa for the purpose of good health and to fight against sicknesses and diseases.
The Benefits of Moringa Tree
- Moringa leaves bring a feeling of wellness and promote the needed energy, yet not sugar-based energy.
- Moringa increases natural body defense and promotes the body’s immune system
- It is rich in vitamin A which provides nourishment to the eyes and brain
- It is rich in antioxidants
- It promotes healthy digestion
- It promotes the circulatory system and controls blood pressure
- It promotes anti-inflammatory features and heals arthritis, the pain of the joints and bones
- It heals tumors and ulcers
- It detoxifies the body from poison
- Its seeds could be used for water purification
- It improves libido for both men and women and sexual drive for men
- It is used as a tea
- The seed could be used to make oil that is consumable
Carrot (Dancus Carrot): In addition to the knowledge you now have about Moringa. Carrot is another vegetable that has nutritional value that helps in maintaining health. Thenoelement-contents found in carrots are pectin, potassium, phosphorus, essential oils, vitamins A.D, E., K, C, B, and carotene. Its aroma is due to the presence of essential oil that is in it. Carrot has a very high concentration of carotene due to the presence of vitamin A.
Nutritional Benefits of Carrot
- Eating carrots helps one to guard against kidney stones or gallbladder stones.
- Using carrot make one’s skin look healthy and youthful
- Using carrots will help your hair to be strong, good looking and to grow nicely.
- Carrot helps to overcome wrinkles in the face
- It helps to strengthen the immune system in order to fight against diseases
- It helps to prevent cough and catarrh
- It helps to get rid of ulcers and even excess acidity in the system
- Carrot helps to guard against diarrhea
- Carrot stimulates growth, especially in children
- Carrot helps to have good teeth growth and development
- Carrot helps to have less crisis in people who have sickle-cell anemia
- It helps in expelling worms from our system
- Carrot juice saves from menstrual pain, premature menopause anovulation, nervous depression, and hormonal imbalance
- It is anti-breast cancer
- Carrot has the quality to alkalize the blood
These and many other qualities not listed here are the great benefits we can enjoy by adequately making use of this God-giving vegetable called CARROT.
Pure honey is obtained from bees. This pure honey is not only medicinal but is agile proteinous food, pure honey has a transparent light brown color. When you smell it, the odor of bees will be inherent therein. It is greasy or gummy.
Benefits of Honey
- Regular intake of pure honey helps out a man with spermatozoa problems.
- It can be used to treat measles or chicken pox.
- When you add castor oil to it, it heals asthma and heart pain.
- It can be used to treat wounds and internal and external ulcers.
- It is good for pregnant women and the fetus to take it twice a day.
- For insomnia (it helps people to sleep well)
- Pure honey is used for fertility – husbands should drink honey often especially to drink hot pap while the wives should mix 2-3 tablespoons of honey with a cup of water and drink twice daily.
My Candid Advice
These write-ups on the topic “YOU AND YOUR HEALTH” are vast and if one is to be advised on what to do to have good health, the person should see these views seriously. Nutritionally, balance your food, Eat more fruits, and chew at least 3-4 different vegetables raw every day. For example, bitter leaf, scent leaf, garden egg. etc. drink adequate clean water. Keep your surroundings clean. Do a little exercise daily. Have enough rest and above all, do not sin against. Eat to be healthy. A healthy body is a wealthy body.
Prepared by Pastor(Comrade) Goke Adesoye Living Well Herbal and Food Supplements Ojoo Ibadan 08037149766,08088795623 (Health Seminar Paper)